View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valinr View Post
Here is a winter question. I had a 2008 350 with brembos. I sold it and got a new 370, just a few weeks ago. Do the snows and rims that i had on my 350 with brembos fit my new 370? I have the sport package and the front callipers look larger then the brembos did. Never realy thought of this until I saw your post. The car does not go out much in the winter but just in case I get the urge I like to have winter rubber and rims on it for the season.
the 370z requires 50mm of clearance for the front brake caliper and 23mm of clearance for the rear brake caliper. This clearance is the distance between the back of the spokes and the hub mounting surface of the wheel. the measurement is called the 'x-factor' and it is a byproduct of the thickness of the back pad (the place the wheel bolts to the hub). measure the wheels, if they are all the same size, and theres 50mm between the spokes and the hub mounting surface, you're good. if not, they wont clear. what wheels did you have on the 350z for the snow?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote