View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Update from the track, we are on lunch break. Oil temps maxing out around 260 which is ok, but not great. Tires holding up.
Front rotors are crap, brakes are overheating if I don't baby them. Front rotors are scored, will be getting a new set asap. Power is good. Steering is good

I guess this is why they call it testing. At least temps are manageable... Also we need
To discuss the fuel gauge. It read more than a quarter tank so I figured I'd be ok for a ses, ran out of fuel 3 laps in. It is not accurate, fill up all the way and be safe.

I have pics to show u all what's left of the front rotors and pads.

I guess ill continue to baby the brakes for the rest of the day and hope ithey don't go through the floor like they already
Did twice. If I brake into a corner aggressively, they are done for the rest of the session.

Next mods: rotors, pads, lines, good fluid, coilovers, sways, dual oil cooler setup, wheels and tires.

Moral of the story, oil and brakes are most important first mods if your gonna track it.

Otherwise, this car effin rocks. Feels fantastic.
Thanks for the update.

It really is bothersome to know that Stillen's oil cooler kit isn't really able to keep the temps down enough. I feel they really need to start offering a bigger core. I remember talking to them and they felt that the kit they offer is all the "normal" person needs, but from your experience, I don't think so.

I might start looking at some of the JDM oil coolers as another option. I remember seeing the Central 20 cooler as a fairly large unit(although very pricey).