Thread: Tune needed?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nitex
Track Member

Drives: '13 GTI Stage 2 UNI
Nitex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I presume that you did the HFC and the CB first, then the intakes? Any drivability issues with just the exhaust?

Which provided the biggest SOTP performance increase, or was I/E equal? I really don't think I would mess with intakes for less than 10whp. (me personally)
Sorry for the slow reply, work got busy and i was forced to do something! Rude i know, its like they actually want to build this plane finally (787 dreamliner).

I cant comment first hand on SRM as i heel and toe, plus i purchased base-base so i wouldn't be tempted with SRM laziness. Also with my upgrade plans i would have wasted a lot of the sport package. I did do the HFC and CB first, then the CAI. There was no issues with that setup that i noticed. In fact after first installing the intakes and throwing the lean code i was tempted with going back to stock intakes. But after cutting my car up for them there was no turning back. Plus it adds some wow factor under the hood. SOTP feel seemed fairly similar between the 2 stage upgrade. But the real grin factor came from the sound. And HFC + CBE will get you there in that regards