View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Zuppy51
Base Member

Drives: 2010 PG Nismo #414
Zuppy51 is on a distinguished road

I actually have the sprint booster in my 335 BMW coupe. The car's an automatic, and it helped immensely. I used to get so annoyed when passing in normal drive, that I found myself always using the sport mode and paddle shifters.

So in normal Automatic mode, it actually works by reducing the lag a lot. I'm not referring to the turbo lag, that's still there. It's not bad, but the two together in normal auto make the car sluggish when passing.

That's the good, the bad, is your fuel economy drops. *Not just me but a friend has it in VW GTI, and another in his 550 bmw.

Don't ask me why, but since I installed it, I lost about 2mpg. I used to get a combined 24.3 in that car. Now I get 21.8-22.2mpg. Same driving style, same shift points, same roads etc. I'm not sure what changed. All I can think of is that it revs sooner, and holds the rpms up which in turn burns more fuel??

Also, when the car's in sport mode using the paddle shifters, i can't tell a difference at all.

Which in theory leads me to believe the ecu runs a different map or something in sport mode on the BMW. Changing the pedal response and shift points.

Now with my Nismo and a 6spd, I think it would be wasted money.
But if you have a auto trans, its worth it.

YMMV....
Zuppy51 is offline   Reply With Quote