View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #434 (permalink)
rackley
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport-Yellow
rackley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
Engine Overheating Resolution

People Ask Questions, Rolling Billboards, Those PITA Surveys

Face it, driving around a 370Z with it just being released prompts questions from other interested parties and the last thing Nissan wants is an owner talking to a potential owner about the issues with the 370Z—specifically engine related problems. Driving a shiny, well-maintained 370Z is a rolling billboard for Nissan marketing, and they know it. Plus, it's free for Nissan! Keeping the enthusiast happy promotes repeat buyers, and additional free advertisement.
I have to say that lately when people have been asking me about the Z (a lot of people!) I tell them about how fun of a car it is to drive, but they should NOT buy one because there is a serious oil overheating problem that has gone totally unaddressed by Nissan. Then I go on to talk about how they supplied all the cars to the review mags with oil coolers (implying they knew oil temps were getting too high) then left them off of the factory production cars. They look at me and say "ohhhh." That typically ends that conversation, as it should.