View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
earwicker7
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z (maxed out)
earwicker7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbitt View Post
Ok, so I'm going to already say that I have no idea how to check this type of battery. I've never had one that required maintenance. I popped the hood last night to check it out, and I assume that we can't check the levels by looking at the side of the battery (I felt like I could do this if I took the battery out of the car, otherwise too much stuff in the way). So my question is...how do you read the 2nd part of this diagram? When I unscrewed a couple of the caps, I noticed some water in there, but how do I know if its enough? How can I tell if it is "full"? On the 2nd part of that diagram is the view looking down into it or are they showing us what it would look like from the side?

Help!
Unsrew the cover (there are three for each terminal). Get a tiny flashlight and point it towards the water. There are some straight lines below the surface of the water. There are two metal "prongs" (for lack of a better word) which should be touching the water; if there is enough water, the lines will "bend" in the area around them. If the lines look straight, you need to add DISTILLED water; I use a medicine dropper.
2009 Magnetic Black 370Z with Touring, Sports and Navigation Packages--Fast Intentions CBE with 12" Resonators/Carbon Fiber Mufflers and LTH--Stillen G3 Cold Air Intakes, Underdrive Pulley and Grounding Kit--Uprev Tune
earwicker7 is offline   Reply With Quote