View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
jginnane
Base Member

Drives: 09Z Pearl 7AT, 09 TL
jginnane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertVermaas View Post
No, I did not ask Nissan corporate (...)
I didn't want to spend too long on this, because you've already got your car. But if you google for Nissan sites that aren't "nissanusa.com", you can easily find: Nissan Global Fleet | PRODUCTS

That's in English. Once you click on Latin America, the language of the website changes to Spanish, but you can see the models they sell and/or assemble in Columbia. (No Zs at present, I'm afraid.) But at least you have a link to an English-speaking party at Nissan corporate in Japan who deals with foreign exports to companies and countries outside of the USA. I think that person is located closer to the correct answer you want than somebody at corporate in Smyrna, TN.

I personally can't offer a clue on how freight charges would run, but every Z here in the USA has already come across 8-11 time zones from Japan, and that freight was not free. (We only pay $700 for delivery from the nearest embarkation point in the US -- probably Long Beach CA, I'd guess Port Elizabeth NJ, maybe another down near Smyrna TN.

BUT if you're importing direct from Japan, there's a chance you'd be able to go full JDM, which means (at least) different stereo, tires (rims?), the 4th low taillight, your choice of left- or right-hand driving, etc etc.

OT: One thrilling sight to me was seeing the car we know in the US as an Acura TSX labelled properly as it's known worldwide, a Honda Accord, when we were in Cartagena. (Acura is a marketing fiction for the US market only -- cars designed in CA for big-*** Americans, and built in Ohio. The Honda car line worldwide is better than our local Accords and Acura TLs.)

Good luck!
jginnane is offline   Reply With Quote