Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #137 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataZ View Post
You've decribed my experiences exactly...
You might have a misaligned brake switch as one of the members experienced and resolved. Try this method to resolve your throttle delay because it solved the issues I've been having for months. I posted pictures as a guide:
I have a serious engine problem

There are two things going for our 370Z in terms of throttle issues:
  • Throttle Lag - Quickly press down the pedal, and the car stalls around 2k RPM before slowly rising to redline. It feels like VDC is kicking in, but there are no lights. This is a dangerous situation when making a turn and the car won't budge. There are numerous situations where you would accelerate and suddenly engine power cuts off or is limited for a few seconds. It's like the ECU is holding back power.
  • Throttle Response - The throttle is less sensitive than the 350Z. Go test drive a 350Z and you find yourself giving gas too early between shifts, but you also find it easier to blip the throttle to downshift.

Try to resolve the throttle lag by visiting my post in the link.

As for throttle response, I'm at loss for words. Disabling VDC tends to improve throttle response because it seems like VDC is aggressive in cutting power even if there is no slippage. Plus, I notice power getting cut when oil temps hit 220F. I park somewhere, turn off the car, turn it back on, and the problem went away. It is annoying to feel abrupt power cut during normal acceleration as if it is being held back.

I think we need to take this up with Nissan.