Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #136 (permalink)
KanataZ
Base Member

Drives: '10 Airstream M6
KanataZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
If I give it throttle in 1st or second gear under 3k RPM it just bogs down and literally does nothing for a second or two... then it goes.

It's kind of funny because it throws me forward as I'm bracing for acceleration (it starts to go, then stops... waits, then goes).

Now that I think about it, it behaves as if the car isn't picking up any fuel... I wonder if it could be a pickup issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It's honestly a dangerous situation. There have been a couple times when turning right from a red where the car just WOULD NOT move when I needed it to. Very frustrating.

Hell, even taking off from a light sometimes I bet I could get taken by a Prius.
You've decribed my experiences exactly. Stock M6 2010 sport package with less the 2k miles. It's happened twice that were memorable and I was not in anyway way mashing the pedal but simply accelerating moderately from a stop light...the car barely moved into the intersection and then suddenly jolted forward like a rocket. The other time was turning right from a stop sign and even though I had lots of room to go, by the time the car responded (about ten feet after I had made the turn), I'm sure the car coming behind me had to brake. I've never seen any car that is so slow from a stand still sometimes and then it takes off like a rocket. Honestly this must look funny to bystanders; creep off the line and gone like missile. The VDC light doesn't come on so I don't think this is a nanny issue.

Has there been a consensus on a fix? Is it a fuel system issue?