Thread: 2009 vs 2010?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
persian54
Base Member

Drives: BMW e93 335i
persian54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
I auto-x regularly and do my fair share of aggressive street driving/ canyon carving. I can tell you that the back end is very planted and I've only encountered it breaking loose when I was too liberal with the throttle going into a turn or coming out of it. The car seems to do really well if not on the throttle going into the turn. For example if you come up to a turn and don't slow down but don't hit the throttle either it will typically hold, with in reason. Now if you are going slower the 2nd time around but are on the throttle while going into the turn then the back end will want to come out. The same can be said if you get on the throttle too soon coming out of a turn. It's all about how you drive. The only car I have driven that does better in the corners than this one is the 911 S AWD.

All that being said I have a 6mt Sport. The sport version will basically have the benefit of the LSD and wider tires over the base version, thats about it.

Lastly, even when the car gets sideways its very easy to control. It's not like some other cars that once the back end comes out you're in trouble. One of the best things about this car is that it's so easy to drive hard.
I'll be honest, since it WAS a test drive, and I am 100% unfamiliar with the car, I wasn't too keen on pressing the gas much and drive like I 'usually' do.

Since I'm not used to the throttle response, I would rather ease through corner than accidentally press too much throttle and cause the back end to come out.

is the base 370Z like the 350 was, where it not only excludes the LSD, but also traction control?

I could definitely tell that with wider rear tires, it would have been a huge difference.
I can tell that in my 335i.. i went from 285s down to stock 255s now..
persian54 is offline   Reply With Quote