View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, at the track I don't flog the car. It is called being smooth .......... and providing some mechanical sympathy (by not banging thru the gears).

My race car transmission costs $22K, and contains gears cut from the same material used in NASCAR and LeMans sports cars boxes. Its has large diameter shafts and massive selector forks and gears that are 26mm wide. This gearbox I am happy to abuse because it is engineered to take it.

Mr Nissan's finest, I treat with some sympathy so it will reward me with long life. No attempts to power shift and no hard standing starts, simply because the gerabox will need a trip to the dentist sooner rather than later.