View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
vifferman
Base Member

Drives: '04 TSX, '10 370ZR
vifferman is on a distinguished road
Default Top Tearing issue revisited

You may recall my earlier posts to this thread. Haven't heard anything of late, and wondered how Z-U-Later and others who reported early signs of his issue are faring. Z-U...did they ever fully resolve your new top installation issues (i.e. the loose front)? Others with indentations/creases/discoloration in the area of Z-U-Later's perforation...any further deterioration, etc.?

I still have a 3/8-inch crease and a small (1/8") indentation (pinch?) on the driver's side. More wrinkles, but no crease or indentation on the passenger side. The driver's side canvas is a bit more taut which may explain both the crease/indentation and the fewer wrinkles.

I will likely visit my dealer for the "free" first service (biting my nails), audio system recall/upgrade, and to discuss the top issue sometime in late September or early October. Because I drive my ZR only recreationally (just 1100 miles in less than 3 months), I fear that the top issue may progress slowly only to leave me with the cost of replacement after expiration of the warranty. Anone know...is the top covered under the general 3-year warranty, or is it subject to the 1-year "exterior trim" exclusion? I've read that warranty twice, and it's still not clear to me.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but it's my new love we're talking about here. Hee!
vifferman is offline   Reply With Quote