View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Well 16 hours later it is all done...

I learned a lot. My Z has some scratches. Some may be through the clear coat, but when I do this in late fall I will work those areas with a bit more vigor as I have a much better feel for the polisher and process now.

Thinks I learned.

First off if you are getting fine dusting of either the SHR or FMP coming off the pad you are using too much product. Just keep reviving the product with detail spray until the dusting stops. Then use product much more sparingly, the Junkman was not kidding when he says a little goes a long way.

It is hard to judge when you have worked the product enough on a black car and I am still trying to figure that out.

It is much harder to judge all of the processes on a black car without having enough light in the garage, I did not have enough tubes over the car and the ones on the back wall did not cut it. More lighting will be installed in the garage before I do this again.

Then end result looks fabulous and was well worth the 16 hours invested.

Now all we need to do is get a Junkman clinic for a Z event. I found out too late to head up to PA for the corvette show...
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote