View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cames4 View Post
NUTS, I was exicited with your first comment. :-( Guess I will have to manage it and try various foot placements. On another question but releated to the clutch; when I am in first gear up my drive I depress the clutch to slow into the garage. When I do that there is a "clang/bang" at the transmission. Sounds like it is banging against a heat shield or the exhaust. Is it something I am doing wrong/normal/or need to take in?
I have a NISMO (just for reference). When I have the clutch in, everything is nice and quite. Clutch out (not in gear), I hear all sorts of stuff which is wierd to me. As expected, clutch out and in gear (1st mostly), I hear chattering even if I feather the engagement.

I have been successful at reducing the madness and a pretty smooth take off by blipping the throttle a time or two before I release the clutch. It seems like I had to do the same with my old 240SX, but it had a clutch upgrade.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote