View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #427 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Sounds good. I'm not criticizing. I'm just saying that comparing two variables is far from a multivariate analysis of the issue. So, we have to be careful of the conclusions we draw. The geographic pattern is just a possibility...you'd be surprised about things you discover when you look into them. Maybe 6MT owners are clustered around race-tracks which may be more copious in warmer locations. Conversely, cold weather snow drivers may prefer the control of a 6MT over a 7AT. Heck, maybe dealerships around the country have different availability of each transmission that could cluster the results. Just hypotheticals...
Spearfish... I'm too lazy to do the analysis, but here's all the raw data... as it turns out, country/state was captured by my survey software using the IP addresses... so if you want, you can actually compare region... not sure you need to though, because respondents actually included their hotest ambient temperature as part of the survey, which is the variable you're really trying to get at... would welcome anyone to slice/dice this

SurveyReport-1224538-5-8-2009.xls - FileFactory

PS I've got a "+1 rep" waiting for whoever analyzes this data !

Last edited by travisjb; 05-08-2009 at 05:40 PM.