View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #425 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
Not sure why you would think that the distribution of AT owners geographically would be any different than the distribution of MT owners geographically... my guess is that outside the pattern of more ATs in the US vs abroad, the distribution within the US (hotter areas vs not) would be similar for AT v MT.

I'm going to pull the excel spreadsheet with all the variables in the survey, and if you're curious you can go in and analyze. It includes variables for usage, ambient temperatures, transmission, miles on the car, and of course overheating patterns.
Sounds good. I'm not criticizing. I'm just saying that comparing two variables is far from a multivariate analysis of the issue. So, we have to be careful of the conclusions we draw. The geographic pattern is just a possibility...you'd be surprised about things you discover when you look into them. Maybe 6MT owners are clustered around race-tracks which may be more copious in warmer locations. Conversely, cold weather snow drivers may prefer the control of a 6MT over a 7AT. Heck, maybe dealerships around the country have different availability of each transmission that could cluster the results. Just hypotheticals...

Last edited by spearfish25; 05-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.