View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #94 (permalink)
Totus44
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z Bk M6
Totus44 is on a distinguished road

It's now pretty common knowledge if you talk to Nissan service techs that there was a break-in, seals seating issue with a number of cars in '09.

The oil consumption test was done by Nissan service, they sealed the dip stick and the car was inspected every 1K, three times. Exceeding a 1QT was a failure. What triggered the test initiation for me was the car fail-safing into limp mode about 1K past my first oil change at 3750. It did this because the oil level was critically low.

The other tell tale sign you have this specific issue will the pressure of oil in your exhaust system, or as my wife described it...the garage smells like french fries, lol!

The new engine I've broken in harder as this was the third time (original, short block replacement, engine replacement). The '10 engine seems to be a big improvement. After to next post-service inspection i'll finally get to start doing some mods, having kept my Z bone stock throughout this ordeal.

Was it a pain, yes. But all I had to do with service to say the word "Toyota" and they got the point and bent other backwards to earn my business.
Totus44 is offline   Reply With Quote