View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
wolf370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z red m6
wolf370z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiontrader View Post
Test drive now!

I've driven (friend's) BMW 335i (coupe), and I can say that overall, it's a better car *ducks*. I liken it being carved out of a solid piece of aluminum. It felt solid, more isolated, and that engine is an engineering marvel.

That said, the 370Z is more involving, partially from the issues you mentioned (a bit more noise and ride harshness). Everyone here says it's a sports car, and it shows. There's less between you and the road - plus, it's $15k cheaper.

So as much as I'd give the 335i a nod in the "better overall car" department, I find more enjoyment out of the driving experience and prefer driving the Z (plus, here in SoCal, you can't throw your fob twenty feet without hitting a Bimmer ).
Not to rip you a new one but a better overall car? Overall what? Sorry I purchase vehicles based upon a lot of feeling/connection to the car (and of course performance, fuel economy, ride quality, practicality, etc) and too many cars that promise a "sporty feel" or even a "sporty car" are full of crap. 335i is one of those (including the coupe -- not just the sedan). Sure they perform great and have a nice comfy ride but there is no connection between you and the road. The 370z has that great sports car feeling and is a blast to drive. No offense but the 335i is just another sedan with great engineering... (or attractive coupe). But all the engineering in the world doesn't mean the car feels right. I guess you could say I'm a slow car FAST kind of guy. Oh man I rambled again