Thread: Malibu cruise
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #90 (permalink)
djamalt
Base Member

Drives: 09 - 370Z S - Black
djamalt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Well, keeping up with you guys will probably be pushing it for me haha.
Since the crest has been... well, not as fun since the closures... and much of Mulholland, Encinal and a few other roads around Malibu have fresh blacktop, the police have been out in the canyons the past month and a half in more numbers than I've seen in the past 4 years. Consequently, you can't really push it even if you want to (at least not on a nice day when they know bikes and sport cars will be trying for lateral gs - it might be different if the marine layer is up and people are staying off the coast).

This was about as hard as we pushed it (until we got to some... off the beaten path canyon roads) when I was hanging with my boy and his Lotus club this past sunday. And yes, I'm filming and driving - calm down, my Flip camera requires no thought to use, nor visual spot checks. Literally, you just point and shoot the tiny little thing and you get pretty decent video. We couldn't go fast (a cop literally got in the middle of the line at the stop sign - part of why the video ends there), so one-handing it in 3rd gear was not too much of a challenge)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9-oqhFczo