View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of noise, the stock Bridgestones are very noisy. Part of it is the inadequate noise absorbent material along the wheel well, so you may hear gravel kicking up and hitting the wheel well. I'm used to it, so it is NOT a deal breaker. On certain roads, the tires produce a drone. I'm running Hankooks, and the difference is like night and day. I can actually listen to the radio while cruising at 40mph on the same road.

As for engine noise, I never had an issue. Some say it's gritty, but I personally love this engine sound for a V6. IMO, it's not a wimpy sound. The exhaust, on the other hand, is very tame compared to to the last generation. You literally have to gun it to hear it. In other words, it is pretty quiet and does not drone. If this is too quiet, get an aftermarket exhaust for slightly louder and deeper sound. If you get high flow cats, you'll end up with a bit more raspy sound. Some people like it, and others (like myself) don't.

Footwell heat? I never heard of it or experienced it.

Is the car fun? My last car was a 350Z, so I may be a bit biased. It's not the fastest car, but it is a very fun car. The transmission is much better than an '03 350Z (my old car), and the suspension is much better and more comfortable for daily driving (350Z was bouncy).