View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
so scientific. do you have dyno results.
A few whp can easily change due to intake temps. My first set of runs (with K&N installed) after driving down to the shop with no real cool down (less than 5 min), I made less power relative to both K&N after a 15 minute cool down or paper filter with a 15 minute cool down.

Allowing for equal cool down time, the K&N filters clearly made a bit more power than OEM, as was most evident comparing the first run for each post-cool down session.

It's entirely possible someone could dyno with a hotter car and see a loss that would incorrectly assumed t obe due to the K&N filters.

Failing that, I have to assume other transient factors like overoiling (can come from K&N overoiled!) or erratic fueltrim corrections --- the K&N's should simply flow better, so it would be weird to lose power even if you didn't gain.