View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
crbn_fbr
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 02 WRX
crbn_fbr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotmyGTR View Post
Nissan will straight up tell something like no dice on replacing...say....brake pads (not that I tried, only quoting the manual) but a thousand dollar forged VOLK rim is not a problem if it looks like it was curbed?????? Somebody get my picture on a milk carton, cause Im lost on this one.
Well you would be really lost with my story....
I had a rim replaced under warranty because of these little black spots, kinda like the silver paint didnt stick in spots then clear coated over it. Clearly a manufacturing defect that got out, and no way done on my part, just didnt notice it until my first wash. So they said ok we will replace it not problem...

Funny thing is when they replace the defective rim with a brand new perfectly fine rim, they scratched the hell out of it in two spots when installing the tire. One very noticable on the side close to the tire about an inch long. The other just inside the edge not very noticable. They even bent it around the edge of the rim I'm guessing with the pry bar. I just look at the guy like WTF! This is worse than what came off! So he said they will order another.....

Finally I call a week later they say they have the rim in the parts dept., so I schedule an apt. for the next day. I get there the next day the service guy says there was a "miscommunication" and they didn't even have the rim! But he said since I was already there he would take the rim off the car in the showroom tire and all and put on mine. So at least they took care of me (somewhat). It was kind of funny seeing them jack the car up in the showroom with people everywhere! Wish I would have gotten pictures of the rims to show the damage, oh well stupid me.
crbn_fbr is offline   Reply With Quote