View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
JB1
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z sold
JB1 has a spectacular aura aboutJB1 has a spectacular aura about

It might be time for an updated video. I took the HFC's off a while ago so I'm down to stock cats and Berk CBE. The HFC and CBE combo sounded real nice, really race car like. But it also is very loud (in my opinion and that of a local cop I passed..). On hard acceleration I had interior panels rattling in the back. That got old quick.

I had 4 exhaust set ups: All Stock, HFC's + Stock exhaust, HFC+ BERK CBE and stock Cats + BERK CBE.

This is how I would describe the sound:
1. Just HFC: Louder and more raw, but also a raspy. Made it sound a bit "ricy" to me.
2. HFC + CBE: Very LOUD but very nice, sounded like a real race car. Deep, raw and racy (NOT Ricy). However, it really attracted attention when you stepped on it, as I found out the hard way, got a ticket for loud exhaust. I didn't have drone but when accelerating hard the interior panels in the back started vibrating/rattling with the sound, that's how loud it was.

3. Just Berk CBE: Just right for me, nice deep sound, sounds like a real sports car but no longer a full out race car. No drone and you only really hear it when you step on it. Nice and quiet while highway cruising 50 to 80 mph.

If there was a system where I can switch between HFC + CBE and CBE only, I would get it. HFC + CBE for track work and for spirited driving and the CBE only for daily driving and long road trips. Unfortunately that doesn't exist, but I am very happy with the just the Berk CBE.
Black Fangs // Black rear Valance // Berk CBE // COBB post MAF tubes // K&N drop in filters // Setrab Oil Cooler // Stillen Sway bars // Z1 SS brake lines // Stillen brake cooling kit // Harness bar //
JB1 is offline   Reply With Quote