View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

but just the presentation was amazing! the way the ships went into and came out of warp the lens flares on the camera and how being out in space is depicted was very cool .

i could nitpick here and there but all i know is the war between star trek and star wars is over. this movie made the new star wars look like more piss than they already are.

i went in a little suspicious of the casting although quinto looked exactly like spock.. but they all were great chris pine does his own thing as kirk but there are a few direct nods there to shattner. even chekov and scotty were good...

the story doesnt reinvent the wheel as far as star trek goes. the villian and his motives are a sort of seen it before story arch but.... the way it involves spock makes sense and helps bring continuity from the old timeline to this new altered one.. so the sequel should take more leaps story wise. i would like to see JJ abrams take on the Borg maybe
MC is offline   Reply With Quote