View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #399 (permalink)
gpa7pk
Base Member

Drives: 1959 Triumph TR3A
gpa7pk is on a distinguished road

Received a unsolicited call from Gara Pum, Nissan Customer Affairs, extension 41536, wanting to know if I had additional issues "Nissan" needed to know about as more messages, both voice and email, to Jennifer Irwin had been received using the file number I had opened last week - #6479687. I told him that I had placed the information on "The 370 Forum" and many 370Z owners as well as potential owners were disturbed by the design and safety flaw associated with very high engine oil temperatures especially with summer months still ahead of us. He said Nissan is aware of the problem and that an oil cooler kit, a Nissan Motorsports one, would be available in a few weeks. I asked if the cooler would be a recall item with full warrenty maintained - he wasn't sure, just that it would be available. He then mentioned they (Nissan) was "occasionally" monitoring the forum. I said great and then Nissan must have an idea of the scope of the problem and suggestions for a class action suit and letters to the NTSB were being considered if Nissan did not correctly resolve this serious issue. He asked that direct calls to Jennifer (x41622) not be made as she was terribly busy, but to use 1.800.647.7261. Whatever.

I hope they read SoCal's letter.

Keep those calls and emails coming.....