View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoon View Post
dude u have no idea how scared i was... cause there was a car in front of me... and for a second i thought i hit the car... and thats why my car stopped (stalled)...

lol so do you recommend first gear when turning car off?
it doesn't really hurt to do it. Just remember to do it in the right direction. you want to put the car in the gear that is OPPOSITE of how the car would roll if its parked on any type of incline. If forwards is UPhill, put it in first, if forwards is DOWNhill, put it in reverse.

It really just makes it more difficult for your car to move when parked. If you park on a totally flat surface, you theoretically dont even need to use the parking brake, but if someone comes along and pushes your car its gonna roll. i only use it if i'm parked on an incline or decline. Flat, its really not going to help or hurt you.

as long as you take it out of gear before you let out the clutch after you turn it on. Another safe thing to do is take it out of gear before you start the car.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote