Thread: Clutch
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonps View Post
This is what I do when I shift into second. I'm in first, rpm @ 3, press clutch, put shifter in 2nd, put foot on throttle and keep rpm in 2,500 range and slowly let out the clutch (like very slowly since Im afraid that if I let it out faster it would not be good for the car).

Is this right? Am I wearing out the clutch since Im releasing it VERY slowly?

And should I not apply throttle?
Releasing the clutch quickly at that speed and rpm won't do any damage or wear. It will make the car "jerk" but thats it. The clutch is more durable than you think and releasing it a little slower is better than losing control of the car. Just let go as soon as its fully engaged and you'll be fine. As far as throttle, If you do it quickly enough, you won't need to apply more until the clutch is already engaged. This stuff happens in less than a second. Just practice your timing.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote