View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 02:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
persian54
Base Member

Drives: BMW e93 335i
persian54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
Well sorry to say but the largest group of people who buy this car do NOT use it to go racing let alone go drifting. We are a group of people who use this car as a sports car but most of the people who buy this just want a car that is fast in a straight line but not for the track.

my dealership had sold about 40-50 Zs last year. and only 3 came to the track day at francorchamps which was me, a other guy and a demo car so that one doesn't even count.

Look at the Z4 how many people effectively track it?

This is also the reason why nissan is so "bleh" on the oil cooler issue because the majority of the people who drive it don't get it hot enough to cause a major problem.

Also if they put more aggresive parts in it, it would scare this "normal" group of people who buy this car causing less cars to be sold
BMW was the same way at the beginning... in 07, only a sport package equipped 335i came with an oil cooler

but people were having oil temp issues (similar to what I've read on here, but not as bad) and they ended up offering it on all 08+ 335is, and would install them on the 07s if they were still under warranty (meaning they didn't drive 50k in a year or 2)

I think Nissan should have offered a better LSD/Oil cooler as an option.
just my opinion from the little bit of reading I've done on here.

Last edited by persian54; 08-24-2010 at 02:37 AM.
persian54 is offline   Reply With Quote