Thread: Clutch
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
JayYoon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z
JayYoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonps View Post
I am new to driving a manual. My shifting is not pretty smooth but I really want to improve it. I have 2 questions though.

1. When shifting from 1st to 2nd, do you let the clutch out (and press on gas) pretty quickly (like the whole motion of letting out the clutch takes place in less than a sec i.e. immediately)? Or do you let it out slowly similar to what you do when going from a stop?

2. If you're driving around a parking lot pretty slow in 1st gear. Do you also press the clutch since the car is slowly and tends to shake?
duude... i trully feel you~~;;

1. I really cant help u there... i've only been drivin stick for like 2months...
2. in residents and parking lots i just put it in 2nd... these were the places that i have hard time with... and this is what i do now...

bumpers- i just put it in neutral until the front tires go over the bumper... and i usually put the gear in 1st or 2nd... i think if the cars rolling i put it in 2nd gear...

parking on hills- to be honest... i still have hard time... but when parking on a steep hills... this is when i press both clutch when rolling in...

btw what do you guys do when your parked on a steep hill when reversing the moment you let go of the break and ur car moves foward toward the bumps???
JayYoon is offline   Reply With Quote