Thread: Clutch
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try not to repeat what has already been said, but the shift indicator light was usefull in learning when to shift. I set it to light up at 4,000 rpm.

Letting the clutch out slowly won't burn the clutch, it only starts to wear just as it begins to engage/disengage. Too much gas and slow release will cause more wear however because the two components are not "locked". My advise would be to shift the car "smoothly" instead and ignore how much time it should take you to shift.

1st to 2nd is always the hardest to master. Just shift at a little higher rpm to give yourself enough time to release the clutch smoothly. It also prevents the rattle you hear if you stomp on the clutch too fast in 1st. You can then shift a little quicker with the other gears. Also, just stay in 2nd gear when cruising slow like in parking lots. It will only stall if the car comes to pretty much to a complete stop.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote