View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 AM   #396 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute
Default from SoCal370's post:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me…

"In the Japanese culture "losing face" is a serious matter; in the Japanese corporate world it is almost a sure means to being branded a "window watcher" where you are assigned menial tasks, and mostly spend you days reading the newspaper as everyone knows your new position. This situation might not lead to such a position for a Japanese Nissan employee(s), but it's pretty close. It is important that we take measures of saving face for Nissan to move this forward. Unfortunately, and I have personal experience with these matters, Japan's US branch of business relies heavily on US legal counsel, and to me, this is where our problem reside. The Japanese want to do the correct measure, the US legal advice, is well…I don't even have the time to delve into this abyss. The bright spot is that the Japanese, back in Japan, have the final say, lawyer or no lawyer. The US Customer Service person you speak with does not have a final say, the dealership's Service Department personal does not have a final say—Nissan corporate has the final say. Respect in dealing with the parties in this situation will move matters better."

Is Goshn Japanese?

John

Last edited by antennahead; 05-07-2009 at 10:19 PM.