View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

It was great seeing you there. Now try to get a couple more Z's to the next event and I won't have to hang out with the S2000 guys!

Keep in mind that as you start getting more experience and faster you will probably start experiencing some brake issues (and maybe the dreaded ice mode which I have concluded is brake fluid boiling). Especially at VIR wher the back straight is much longer. You should really consider installing some brake cooling ducts.

This weekend I was out braking every other car in HPDE 2 in, as you know, damn hot weather! Zero brake fade and not even a hint of ice mode. Although, I did blow out my driver side inner fender liner. I should have taken the time to remount and recenter my driver side duct before going to the track. And I probably should have re-installed all the push clips and bolts after my last oil change. Oops...

Luckily, one of the S2000 guys works at a shop at the track and he let me use his lift to do some track side repairs. Nothing that a few zip ties could not fix. Now you see why I bring so many tools to every track day.

Nissan 370Z Forum - ResIpsa's Album: ResIpsa - Picture

Here is the link to my brake duct DIY.

DIY - Brake Cooling Ducts