View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

i think removing the ground is a great habit and a good rule of thumb to follow.

that said, the only time you could get error codes is if you disconnected something while your car was on... or you forgot to connect and turned the car on. most of them you can clear it yourself using reset sequence or OBD2 scanners.

you could short something out and cause your fuse to blow. that's about the only risk as far as shorts unless you wired something new without a inline fuse.... if you're working on your SRS then the airbag could potentially deploy so for sure i remove the ground when working on steering wheels, or something that requires me to disconnect the yellow harness plugs inside the car.

not against unplugging the ground, but i dont do it all the time and found uncessary for HU swaps and small hardwiring projects that's all.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote