Thread: HKS drop ins
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
I almost ordered them but after MC showed me a few pictures (how they are not great at filtering dirt), I just stayed with OEM.
i myself still run them even though showed you that but i swap them out like every 5K miles or something.... i dont think they are bad for the car or anything but a few tests have shown that the foam isnt as good as the paper OEM as far as filtration... they of course breathe better as they are so much thinner...i wouldnt say they add any "real" HP... i just use them because i have HKS exhaust parts and just happen to like the brand....

so i wouldnt tell anyone not to get them and i would probably run them over an oiled filter... but honestly OEM is gonna be fine and if you want something more than that might as well get a short ram cone intake system

nismo japan used to make drop in dry filters for the 350z.. they were like 20% more free flowing but were expensive .. i paid like $100 for a set of paper filters with a nismo logo on them.. havent kept up with them to see if they have any for a 370

Last edited by MC; 08-23-2010 at 04:04 AM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote