View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDRead View Post
Rob,
GREAT Post. I never would have even thought about trying this without seeing these instructions. +1 Rep point and many thanks!!
I installed the unit this weekend and even though I didn't get the results I expected (separate topic), I was able to get (almost) everything apart and back together.
The items I had problems with:
  1. I could NOT get the frickin shift knob off!! So I worked around it.
  2. My Passenger Airbag light is on all the time (but I have more testing to do)
Re: my results
First of all, I have a 2010 Tour/Sport Non-nav 370z, which PAC-Audio has NOT yet certified.
After the install, the factory radio:
  • recognizes the IPOD
  • charges the IPOD
  • displays the artist/song (by changing the display)
  • allows me to move to the next song using the steering wheel controls
but it doesn't let me browse artist, albums, playlist, etc.
Can you?
Has anybody else installed this in a 2010, and what luck have you had?
Yes I can browse. It's a little weird to get used to. My car is covered and away for the evening, but I'll get in it tomorrow and write down the directions for browsing and post them here. I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head.

Also, there is a fix for the airbag light. Check out step 32 of my original post. It tells you how to fix it.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote