View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photographers... help me!

All,

I got a Canon EOS Rebel XSi for Christmas last year from my parents because I wanted to get into car photography. This is the camera I am using now: Newegg.com - Canon EOS Rebel XSi Black 12.20 MP 3.0" 230K LCD Digital SLR Camera w/EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens

Although the pictures I take are the highest quality I have ever taken when compared to other cameras, it still is not quite the quality I want.

I don't know if I need to upgrade my lens, or purchase some editing software.

Here is a picture I have taken with my current setup:

The above picture looks a little grainy to me. It still looks decent, but the colors and details of the environment don't seem to really stick out.

Here is the quality of picture I wish to take:

(Thanks AA!)

Now this picture is what I wish to take. I love how the surrounding environment as well as the car come alive with color and detail.

Anyways, I was hoping some experienced photographers could assist me in getting the results I desire.