View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the Saclam is really unique sounding b/c of the design, but it's also really pricey. I think it's a bit too loud for the street, I really don't want to attract that much attention when I get on it. There is a bit of an echo in that vid, I wish I could hear it outside, and not in the service bay.

Keep in mind that once you ad the HFC's it really increases the sound level, if you start off too loud, it will be incredibly loud when the HFC's are added to the mix.

As far as H-Pipe vs. Y, vs. X-pipe, my personal choice would be X, but my only experience with exhaust is limited to V8 cars. My 2 Mustangs ran the X-pipes and made the most HP & Torque with this system. But the VQ is a completely different engine, although it it still a V configuration.

Another thing I'd vote for is more Torque vs. Max HP, (to a point) at least from a street car perspective. I'm rarely up in the 7500 rpm range on the street, so having a little more usable torque down low, would make the car more enjoyable to drive.

I found this clip of a G37, not sure who makes the exhaust, but thought it sounded pretty good.

I'm sure whatever Berk comes up with will be awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbyFGtnVlU&feature=related
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote