View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Okay, so I spent the day at Summit Point and had a great day! I got to the track about 8AM with Patricia and we signed in and made are way over to the tech inspection shed. Many cars were already there and we drove in and went through the inspection with no problems. I removed my spare tire, Jack, lug wrench and the mat that covers it all before the inspection as is requires. I"d also already removed the driver and passenger floor mats as required. After passing tech, we parked next to a guy with a silver 370z so there were two of us there out of all the cars. I used 3mpainters tape to puty numbers on my driver and passenger doors and covered my headlights. My class started at 10AM and we got the initial basics on flags and hand signals to use. Then at 1PM we made our way to the grid where we got our instructors. I had a great instructor who toldme when to break and share to find the lone and accelerate. We ran 25mins and I learned about finding the line, braking before the turn, and accelerating. The oil cooler and the upgraded brake pads with the racing brake fluid was worth every penny as I had no issues with brake fade or high oil temps. Mind you it ws 92F at the time. I am beat but have a great day under my belt to build on. Next, Virginia Intl Raceway I. October to begin the Hpde series and truly learn how to drive on the track. Lastly, I met some great people of all ages and owners of all males of cars, all willing to share knowledge and experience If you want a challenging yet awesome time I recommend trying a Hyperdrive to see what it is all about and see what real fun the Z is to drive in a safe and controlled environment.

http://www.the370z.com/members/zcarm...21st-2010.html

Last edited by ZCarMan; 08-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote