View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #1419 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Police can write a ticket if they match your speed. There are even some places where police are trained to "estimate" your speed and get you but I think that's pretty rare.

He probably just didn't have his radar on. He could have blasted you at any moment with the radar but he was probably being lazy.
They can write a ticket for following you anytime, but it will only stick if their speedo has been calibrated recently. I know a bunch of people that have gotten out of tickets through that loophole.

The speed estimation thing just irritates me. Only speeding ticket I ever got was an estimation ticket, he "estimated" me at 67 in a 60...it stuck in court due to being in a small town....