View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
Well after reading the actual first post of this thread and the complete premise, I figured it would be very useful to chime in on what this guy should do once he does have a new engine. Everybody getting replacement engines will be in this boat and have the choice to make...

I am not a professional mechanic (i.e. I don't do this for a living), and I do not market any kind of product, so I have nothing to gain from giving advice on this issue except knowing that a few more people will have properly broken-in engines if they at least partially listen. I do an extreme version of points A-D that I described, but through at least a dozen times of firing up a new race engine and TWICE now with 2 brand new high-performance import engines, this has worked for me. I challenge you to find somebody who can give that kind of advice who doesn't also build engines for a performance shop for a living...
I like your explanation, and if you'd like to discuss this? Feel free to send me a Pm I've built plenty of motors, Back on Topic.

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote