View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #78 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo187H View Post
Just wanted to jump into this dead thread and mention I had the issue tonight as well in so anyone else searching can see this thread like I did.

Starting from a stoplight I was distracted by the cop staring at my lack of front plate and attempted to start off while still in fifth. From there I of course stalled, quickly restarted the car and tried pulling off in first only to get this limp mode, tried pulling off on a side street and restarting it letting the car sit for approx a minute but made no change. From there I thought it might be fuel related as I only had 30 miles till empty so I got gas, backing into the slot for the pump. After that the car was fine and has driven fine ever since.

Cliffs:

Attempted to start in 5th and stalled, happened directly after restarting
Couldnt rev past 2500 RPM or give more than approx 25% throttle without it hitting a weird rev limiter
Just shutting down the car made no change
After reversing, getting gas and letting the car sit for a few mins all was back to normal.
Yup, that sounds very familiar to mine. I was in 2nd gear but thought I was in 1st. I was at s the supermarket. This guy waves at me to go and I punch it in 2nd. Of course I bog down and hear a thud. After that this happened. I wonder if this is a some kind of protection mode that kicks in.

However, I haven't been able to replicate this issue ever again.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote