View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like it either. But it'll probably appeal to its target demographic, which isn't us. What I mean by this is, most of the folks on this forum are performance-minded. We bought the 370Z for its performance attributes. Yeah, the way our cars look matter to us as well, but performance is the primary motivator for us. Well, people who buy cars for performance usually stay away from convertibles anyway, because they usually compromise structural rigidity, and can be heavier than their coupe counterparts (esp. hardtop convertibles). Also, most of us probably don't care so much about how we personally look while driving it -- we're driving, not posing. People who buy convertibles, on the other hand, are more interested in looking good as they cruise/pose down the boulevard on a sunny day. I'm not trying to insult anyone, btw. I'm just pointing out that there are different target demographics out there in the car market. I mean, how else can one explain all the Eclipse convertibles and Sebring convertibles that are out there on the roads? So anyway, I think the 370Z Roadster will appeal to the 'I wanna look good with the top down' demographic. And yes, I know I'm making some broad generalizations. I realize that there are exceptions. I used to own an S2000, btw. But it was designed from inception to be a convertible; it's not a compromised version of a coupe. I also kept the top up most of the time, which drove my wife nuts (because she wanted to look good while in the car and I couldn't care less about that).

Last edited by semtex; 05-06-2009 at 02:07 PM.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote