View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
billydsz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 9 370z SptCp SRd 7AT
billydsz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikhead View Post
I still think this was a stupid design flaw. I would have loved to have been on the design team who thought this up. I think my thoughts would be "Really?...No, Really? You want consumers to copy their music to the hard drive from a CD? This is practical on a computer but not in a car. A compact flash slot? Really? Come on guys...this is the best we can come up with? We freakin' created the GTR for Christ sakes!" Nissan really needs to change this up with a USB port and allowing ripping from the USB.
Well there are copyright limitations involved here too. So any method is going to be somewhat convoluted.

Not sure what's so bad about it?? You stick a cd into the slot and let it copy while it plays back, or listen to another source (it will still copy while listening to another source I am pretty sure). At least it copies faster than the playback and you can delete the songs you don't want after the fact. It's a little time consuming, but very easy and who says you have to do it all at one time?

To me the biggest negative to the hard drive is not being able to select specific songs while driving, which is why I am modding the system to be able to do that. If you want to complain about anything that to me is the biggest issue. I can drive while glancing at a song list intermittantly without a problem, so please. Anyway it's alot safer than dialing or the ridiculous texting while driving which is suicide/murder imo.

Last edited by billydsz; 08-19-2010 at 01:03 PM.
billydsz is offline   Reply With Quote