View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
They may actually do nothing, but I do get something in return for their mark up, which after calling around, is small. The car comes directly off the truck and is done before it goes anywhere and gets a single chance to get a single nick on it.
When the car comes off the truck, its covered in dirt and RAIL dust, from transportation. i can almost guarantee that the dealer will not clar bar your car before installing the clear bra, which is an absolute must. A full detail must be done to remove contaminants, especially rail dust. You are, rather, more likely to wind up with a swirled up paint job under your clear bra, along with a swirled up paint job all around your car. they'll 'detail' your car and grind everything into the paint.

1000 dollars for the work you are having done is actually pretty good, and that good price, is probably a by product of the fact they are going to cut corners in the prep work, which is the most important part.

[QUOTE=Dizzy;683959]Plus, when I pick up my new car, it's done./QUOTE]

If you are a member of this forum, you're car will never be "done"
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote