View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
Hey peeps, just to let you know, I'm a former car salesman (new car dealerships). The 370Z is hot, it just came out. I highly doubt dealerships will be whoring these things out like the big 3 are with their cars. It seems as though people think a dealership isn't entitled to make money off these things...Uhhh, but they are. They're in business to do business, and if it wasn't so, they'd be out of business.

It's reasonable to pay below sticker, but not below invoice, nor to dig into holdback. I think dealerships are at least entitled to make the half way point between invoice and MSRP. A typical new car dealership spends about $400,000/month to keep its doors open. They're not making killings off you's.
No offense, we have already had one salesman through here, but dealerships are a business and have a right to make money. But, the dealership I bought from is getting Z's for 3% below invoice already from Nissan so selling at invoice is well within the margin of profit, hence why people are shooting for invoice. Now I agree that a dealership & customer should both be fair but as we can see from many threads here, invoice is the current fair-market value price for this car, currently.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote