View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
cmmonte92
Base Member

Drives: 09 135i Convertible
cmmonte92 is on a distinguished road
Default Temp. loss of steering pump...

After I saw this thread The Z is going crazy, I thought it might be a similar issue to what I encountered last night, but it wasn't. Although, it was steering related.

I was coming to a slow stop about to make a left-hand turn into a Domino's parking lot (dinner time) and all of sudden my steering felt like it had lost it's pump. Being at a dead stop and trying to turn from the center lane with no power-steering, now had became a small chore.

Of course once I parked, I jumped out to look for any fluid leakage and such and found nothing. No longer having an appetite, I headed back home trying to remember what time the stealership opened to get my Z in ASAP.

I struggled with the steering all the way home, but it was really only an issue on slow turns. As I pulled into my driveway, I felt the steering lighten-up. So, I backed out and took another spin and it was like nothing happened!

WTF...?

I haven't gone for a drive today, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that there are no further issues when I do.

Is Anyone else having intermittent steering pump issues?
cmmonte92 is offline   Reply With Quote