View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey peeps, just to let you know, I'm a former car salesman (new car dealerships). The 370Z is hot, it just came out. I highly doubt dealerships will be whoring these things out like the big 3 are with their cars. It seems as though people think a dealership isn't entitled to make money off these things...Uhhh, but they are. They're in business to do business, and if it wasn't so, they'd be out of business.

It's reasonable to pay below sticker, but not below invoice, nor to dig into holdback. I think dealerships are at least entitled to make the half way point between invoice and MSRP. A typical new car dealership spends about $400,000/month to keep its doors open. They're not making killings off you's.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote