View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Pharmacist PM sent sir!

Based on what I have read here, I will be re-evaluating our oil cooler kit immediately. I take pride into the products we list on our website, especially when it bears the Z1 name. I will be pulling the line kits off of the shelf to verify the correct line lengths. There should only be about a 6 to 8 inch difference in the lines to accommodate for the bends and to reach across the oil cooler itself. Any additional length in the line outside of that range is something I need to address with our manufacturer. We have factored in an additional bit of line to accommodate the installation of most aftermarket Forced Induction Setups (like the GTM TT or Stillen Super Charger).

I will admit, I composed the installation manual and would like to hear any and ALL critiques you (the installers) may have. It is one thing to do something 100 times and be comfortable with it, however trying to explain to someone else can be quite challenging. I see now that I have apparently omitted a few steps. I will be revising our Oil Cooler Kits installation manual today.

I apologize for the inconvenience and issues you two ran into. This is the first time that this has been brought to my attention. Again, I greatly appreciate the both of you documenting your thoughts and installs.

Last edited by Dustin@Z1; 08-18-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote