View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Awesome writeup. Was hoping that the review would be more positive because I was planning on getting their kit.

Hopefully someone at Z1 can respond about these issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist
Note that the left hose was much easier to route behind the vertical metal brace. The front of that brace curves forward and is too thick. I tried routing the hose in front of it but it was bent at an awkward angle. The hoses are not the same length. One is much longer than the other. In fact, it's so long that even after fitting it to the far end of the cooler core, there is still a lot of slack in the hose and it is dangling right behind the power steering cooler.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist
Also note that for whatever weird reason, one of the fittings on the shorter hose is bent much sharper than a right angle. It is the one attached to the left side of the core in the above pic. It was practically impossible to attach this terminal to the sandwich plate since the sharp bend caused clearance issues with the sway bar and the oil temp and pressure sensors. I ended up removing the hose and flipping it around so that the sharply bent terminal fit onto the cooler core instead. I have no idea if this terminal was bent like this for a reason or if it was a manufacturing glitch. It just doesn't seem to serve any purpose and just caused a headache for me.

Last edited by flashburn; 08-18-2010 at 07:19 AM.
flashburn is offline   Reply With Quote