View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

I've found the car to have a lot of road noise, particularly on concrete expressways. The Bluetooth phone tends to struggle a bit, and I have to speak up/yell for people to hear me at highway speeds due to the road noise. The Bose stereo however is great and easily compensates. If I wanted a quiet car, I'd still have my old Audi A4. The eye-water acceleration and mind-bending cornering of the Z easily compensate for the road noise for me. Every day I go to work, I look forward to the drive over.

I recall reading a thread about sound-dampening materials and many people found their addition didn't do much to help. Particularly, they couldn't dampen the resonating sounds made by debris tossed up by the tires hitting the wheel wells.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote